University Accommodation Agreement

Please note that filing an early release application does not guarantee an early exemption from your contract. It is strongly recommended that you do not sign another hosting contract without receiving written confirmation that you will be denied your contract. Otherwise, you may be financially responsible for two hosting contracts. If we will send you your accommodation by email, you must accept the terms of your accommodation agreement to accept your assignment before your arrival. In residences, you usually have to move on the day the fixed-term contract expires without having to inform your landlord. This is because the agreement between you and your landlord ends when the fixed life ends. R: All owners must comply with the Law on the Protection of Evictions. Legal action must be taken to remove you from the accommodation or room. Under no circumstances can an owner change the locks, deny access or remove your property. This would be an illegal eviction and you could sue for damages. This applies to both higher education institutions and the private sector.

However, if you live with a landlord and are considered an excluded tenant, your protection against eviction is more complicated and you need to be advised on your position. If the housing provider (landlord/broker/university/private owner) wants you to leave prematurely, you should consult the terms of the contract. If you have a fixed-term contract, the property is generally not granted, unless you violate the contract or the landlord/representative stated in the contract that the property was recently their main home (which is rare). There are mandatory and discretionary reasons for evacuation. Obligatory means that if the case is proven, the court has no choice but to award property (for example. B, eight weeks of rent delay). A reason for assessment can be proven, but the court will then decide whether it is reasonable to grant the property (z.B. if the lessor/broker states that the property was not taken care of by the tenants and that the condition of the property has been altered). Repayment by the lender (Bausparkasse/Bank) – a court may grant property if the lessor has not made the mortgage payments.

If the lessor has not informed the lender that they have leased the property, the lender does not recognize you as a tenant. As such, they have the power to take over the property with a court order.

Comments are closed.

Back to top